- The SmartAX MA5800 multi-service access module is the industry’s first smart NG-OLT. As a next-generation OLT that employs a distributed architecture, MA5800 supports ultra-broadband, fixed mobile converged services, and smart capabilities. It is the mostadvanced OLT for NG-PON in the industry, catering to the demand for a broader, faster and smarter access network for the ultimate service experience.
- The MA5800 provides GPON, XG-PON, TWDM-PON, WDM-PON, GE and 10GE access and supports FTTH, FTTD, FTTB, FTTC and D-CCAP network applications. This architecture is key to building a heterogeneous access network with full home, enterprise
and mobile backhaul services. The MA5800 integrates OLT, aggregation switch and edge router functionalities into one platform and supports high density GE/10GE interfaces for MDU, DSLAM, MSAN and OLT aggregation. It helps carriers simplify network architecture and reduce network OPEX.
- The MA5800 series features two product models. The larger MA5800-X17 has 17 service slots while the medium-sized MA5800-X7 has 7 service slots. Both models have cross-compatible hardware and software.
- The MA5800 leverages industry-leading distributed architecture to avoid the traditional OLT bottleneck from limited switching capacity. Each service slot offers 200
Gbit/s-throughput capability, guaranteeing non-blocking access for high-density XG-PON and 40G-PON.
- Each subrack supports up to 32K users with 100 Mbit/s of non-blocking bandwidth, letting everyone enjoy seamless 4K videos.
Fixed mobile convergence(FMC)
- Full-service PON/P2P access for home, enterprise and mobile backhaul creates a single optical network with FMC services.
- The MA5800 integrates OLT and aggregation switch functions into one platform with simplified network architecture.
- MA5800 hardware features a programmable network processor (NP) chipset. This provides SDN-based smart service support, enabling the rapid rollout of new services.
- The MA5800’s virtual access network feature enables one physical access network to be virtualized and partitioned logically. This supports carriers’ smart operations such as differential multi-service operations and network wholesale to retail service providers, thus achieving agile service deployment.